There is mounting evidence for the benefits of Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation. The American Heart Association, the American Medical Association, and the American College of Cardiology all agree that Cardiac Rehabilitation is a highly recommended therapy for heart disease.
Our 12 week Pritikin ICR program includes a comprehensive series of exercise, diet/nutrition and stress management sessions, providing an opportunity for improved outcomes. Intensive Cardiac Rehab can prevent patients from returning to the hospital with another cardiac event after undergoing interventions like stents or bypass surgery. This can be accomplished through overall improvement of lifestyle.
The program offers a mix of exercise, individual education, and group workshops facilitated by our clinical exercise physiologist, registered dietitian and mental health coach. These workshops also include heart-healthy cooking classes and instruction on healthy grocery shopping and meal planning. It is designed to fit each individual’s needs with personal counseling to reinforce education, provide coaching and track progress.
It’s well known that stress is a risk factor for heart disease. As part of our program, patients participate in health mindset workshops led by our health coach, bringing awareness to stress management, building healthy relationships, and goal setting. We also offer one on one options for patients trying to quit smoking to improve their health.
If you or a loved one has experienced or is currently suffering from any of the following, please call our office right away: (239) 574-8463
- Heart Attack in the past 12 months
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) surgery (no time limit)
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) also known as a stent procedure (no time limit)
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement (TAVR or SAVR, no time limit)
- Angina, which refers to heart related chest pain, shortness of breath, or fatigue with physical activity
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) with an Ejection Fraction (EF) less than 35%
- Heart or Heart-Lung Transplant (no time limit)